SaaS Nation agenda
09:00 Registration | Welcome Coffee
10:00 Conference Opening
10:15 Ministry of Digital Transformation: Government as a Service (Presentation Language: EN)Alexandr BornyakovMinistry of Digital Transformation of UkraineDeputy MinisterMinistry of Digital Transformation: Government as a Service
Alexandr will talk about the plans of the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine which aim to develop SaaS companies and what changes they're planning to implement in the nearest future.
In 2009 founded VertaMedia, after rebranding – Adtelligent. Cliсkky Co-founder and Intersog co-owner and partner.
Managing partner at WannaBiz business incubator, which goal is the development of IT and building of startup ecosystem in Ukraine.
Since 2019 – Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine.
10:30 How to Scale Your Blog: success story of growth to 200K monthly sessions and $100K annual revenue (Presentation Language: EN)Eugene LataSerpstatVP of MarketingHow to Scale Your Blog: success story of growth to 200K monthly sessions and $100K annual revenue
1. How to Build the Content Factory: nurturing a full-time and remote team of editors and copywriters.
2. Employee Motivation Programs – setting goals for the team.
3. Best types of content that generate traffic and revenue.
4. Content seeding: actionable ways to drive more traffic.
5. How to SEO Your Blog: launch of content projects for the growth of organic traffic.
6. Blog Setup Checklist: the first steps when penetrating new market.
From CEO assistant to VP of Marketing at Serpstat. Eugene's built Serpstat marketing inhouse team of 20+ people.
Came to marketing after working as a mountain guide and cameraman on the National Geographic channel.
11:05 Enter the new market: how we've grown from 0 to $2,5M ARR and got the leadership in India (Presentation Language: RU)Stanislau LitvinauAffiseFounder&CEOEnter the new market: how we've grown from 0 to $2,5M ARR and got the leadership in India
1. Why India?
Which parameters did we follow penetrating the new market?
What data were analyzed and what conclusions we got?
2. How to open a remote office from scratch and grow up to 15 people?
Where to find out a country manager and how to build communication with him?
How much can it cost (spoiler – it'll be expensive)?
3. The structure of the Indian office: sales, CS, TS.
Which model was chosen and why?
4. Management of the remote team.
How we organized the working flow with our country manager, how often did we meet and which reports used?
5. Key metrics of the Indian office, which we check every day.
Having launched more than ten successful projects in affiliate marketing, Stanislau saw the imperfections of SaaS solutions available on the market.
Thus he came up with an idea to create the most efficient platform for affiliate networks that would meet their requirements and needs.
2016 has become the year he started to implement his ideas and now Affise clients have an opportunity to enjoy the results of these efforts through Affise.
11:40 How to build a high-performance culture in SaaS business (Presentation Language: EN)Alexey OrapYouScanFounder&CEOHow to build a high-performance culture in SaaS business
Company culture is a crucial component in building a successful SaaS business. In his presentation, Alexey will uncover his recipe for creating a strong team and culture in YouScan and share the details of the «YouScan Operating System» – set of processes and management principles that ensure high company growth and employee satisfaction.
Alexey is a successful tech entrepreneur and SaaS expert.
He is a founder and CEO of YouScan, AI-powered social media listening and image recognition platform, which helps 500+ consumer brands, including Nestle, PepsiCo, McDonald's, L'Oreal, Samsung and others, to uncover valuable consumer insights.
He is also a founder of the Contactis, Kyiv-based outsourcing contact center, and an author of the SaaSDojo.com blog.
12:15 How we grew from 0 to $250K ARR in one year and without any investments (Presentation Language: EN)Guillaume MoubecheLemlistCo-Founder&CEOHow we grew from 0 to $250K ARR in one year and without any investments
1. How to make sure to be successful when launching on Product Hunt and AppSumo: detailed success story with real numbers.
2. How to get 100,000 views on LinkedIn?
3. How to put your outbound sales funnel on autopilot?
Guillaume is a Co-Founder and CEO of Lemlist, the coolest email automation software ever created.
In his first year he and his team grew Lemlist from 0 to 8000+ customers worldwide (more than $250K ARR) without any fundings.
He is also the CEO of lemtalk and lempod so when it comes to growing a SaaS company in the B2B space, he knows some pretty cool tricks!
12:50 Networking Coffee Break
14:05 Hiring & growing teams that love their product: Zendesk experience (Presentation Language: EN)Caroline HynesZendeskProduct DirectorHiring & growing teams that love their product: Zendesk experience
1. Hiring and building a team at the start:
- Types of people needed & why they are important.
- How is the job interview going at Zendesk? Which candidates are hired? On what we're paying attention to? Which assessment tests need to be passed?
- Ideas for onboarding – balancing autonomy & authority. Tools we use, recertification, stimulation systems, knowledge maps.
2. Changes as companies mature & scale – who we hire at the start may not be who we need at a later stage:
- When will we know we need to adjust our people & give practical examples?
- How to grow the people you have into leaders?
3. Building & maintaining alignment [and accountability] at the start & as you scale:
- What does alignment look like & why is it important?
- How do you keep alignment as new people and processes are added to the org?
- The impact of an aligned and misaligned org.
4. The importance of evangelists [Internal & External]:
- What is an evangelist and why are they important?
- What we've done in 2019 to increase team loyalty to the product.
Caroline has worked across the world in various roles from project delivery to product management (even before we knew what product management was :) ).
Caroline started her career in San Francisco during the first dot com boom.
Caroline loves working in technology as it provides an opportunity to continuously learn, and is a highly collaborative environment.
The people she works with and builds products for are her favourite part of her job.
14:40 How PandaDoc increased conversion of signup by 48% and sales metrics by 33% with 23 A/B tests on signup. Real cases (Presentation Language: RU)Yauhen ZarembaPandaDocDirector of Demand GenerationHow PandaDoc increased conversion of signup by 48% and sales metrics by 33% with 23 A/B tests on signup. Real cases
1. Why PandaDoc has different signups for different traffic?
2. Enrichment on signup to increase conversion rates.
4. Form analytics tools to gather the right data.
5. Best UX practices that influence conversion rate.
Yauhen is the Director of Demand Generation at PandaDoc.
Him and his team maintain 25+ marketing channels and run over 90+ A/B tests and experiments per year, bringing a very delightful problem to PandaDoc, how to process all of this traffic and registrations.
Yauhen is an avid fisherman and after the conference if you want to learn how to fish in Dnipro - just ping him.
15:15 The Pivot. The survival story of internal innovations to X10 a sales pipeline (Presentation Language: EN)Nikolay SavinCompeteraChief Product OfficerThe Pivot. The survival story of internal innovations to X10 a sales pipeline
0. The question.
1. Idea validation speedrun.
2. Team values, culture, structure, and other buzzwords.
3. Risks management or how to execute.
Chief product officer at Competera – AI-based pricing SaaS for enterprise retailers.
8 years of customer development experience for startups in Europe and the US in multiple industries and stages and 3+ years of fieldwork with B2B SaaS focused on product strategy, execution, team structures and product management processes.
15:50 7 Deadly Sins SaaS Startups Make (Presentation Language: EN)Olman QuesadaAppSumoHead of Business Development7 Deadly Sins SaaS Startups Make
Olman will share with a story about 7 deadly sins SaaS startups make and tips on how to avoid them... based on his own experience at AppSumo & working with 200+ products he's helped launch.
Olman heads up the Business Development team at AppSumo.
Since joining the team in 2016, Olman has helped grow the company from 2 to 20 employees, and successfully launched over 200 SaaS products.
When he’s not developing high-level strategy and product analysis for AppSumo, you can find Olman cooking up a delicious Sancocho (aka жаркое) and practicing his Russian.
Say Privet when you see him! :)
16:25 Launching your first marketing app on Shopify: Talkable experience (Presentation Language: EN)Sergii IurevychTalkableHead of ProductLaunching your first marketing app on Shopify: Talkable experience
1. Why we decided to launch the app on Shopify and what we've got in the result?
2. Self-serve marketing app must haves.
3. How to get 5-star authentic positive reviews?
4. When is the right time to invest into paid ads?
11 years of experience in IT, mostly engineering. During past few years started to become interested in product management which led to become a product manager.
Open source contributor: was a co-creator of a famous Flat UI pack and a theme for Bootstrap which now got over 14,000 Github stars.
17:00 Customer Success Data-driven Power (Presentation Language: EN)Andrey SukhovoyOWOX BIVP GrowthCustomer Success Data-driven Power
1. Customer Success LOVE formula. Our approach towards Customer Success & Project Management: principles, processes, tools.
2. Setting up Salesforce for clients management. How we combine prospects and customers management processes in one CRM?
3. Communication automation. What tools we use to automate communications with our customers and to help CSMs to be more efficient and cover more projects per one CSM?
4. Automatic revenue planning. How we calculate customers revenue for P&L management?
5. Predicting customers churn rate. What methods and tools we use to define customers at risks?
6. CSMs’ efforts prioritizing. How we define Customer Success focus to plan and prioritize CSMs efforts?
Andrey has 10 years experience in online business, working in the field of Digital Analytics and MarTech, providing solutions for customers from Retail, eСommerce, Travel, Telecom etc.
At OWOX BI he is responsible for business growth and operations.
17:35 Panel Discussion: «Unobvious and practical tips&tricks for SaaS business» (Discussion Language: RU)
18:50 Conference Closing